Posted on June 16th, 2016
The Falmouth Interntional Sea Shanty Festival is back this summer with more shanties, great venues and incredible atmosphere. Join us in beautiful Falmouth this June for three days of non-stop shanties at various venues throughout the town.
Kanow an Mor yn Seyth Tavas
Songs of the Sea in Seven Languages
The Cornish, Basque, Welsh, Frisian, Scots and Irish Gaelic languages will all feature at the TOSTA Pop-up Festival-within-a-Festival on the Prince of Wales Pier.
The Falmouth International Sea Shanty Festival is built upon our maritime links with other sea-faring communities. This year we are delighted to welcome the ‘TOSTA; Cultural Cargo’project and their celebration of minority languages along the Atlantic seaboard.
Join us at the Tosta Pop-Up Village, Prince of Wales Pier to
· learn a few words of Cornish,
· enjoy the multi-lingual ‘diversity orchestra’, made up from musicians of all 7 nations
· sing songs of the sea in Kernewek (and other minority languages)
· take part in building an enormous paper boat
· see the artwork that travelled from 7 different nations by shipping container
· and more…